Rigidity is a crucial concept in multi-robot control and estimation.
I have been investigating this aspect from different perspectives, have a look to the following list of publications for more details:
 and  (rigidity maintenance),
,  and  (bearing-rigidity control),
 (rigidity in aerial robot control).
- , “Decentralized Rigidity Maintenance Control with Range Measurements for Multi-Robot Systems”, The International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 105-128, 2014.
- , “Rigidity Theory in SE(2) for Unscaled Relative Position Estimation using only Bearing”, in 2014 European Control Conference, Strasbourg, France, 2014, pp. 2703-2708.
- , “Decentralized Control of Parallel Rigid Formations with Direction Constraints and Bearing Measurements”, in 51th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control , Maui, HI, 2012, pp. 5310-5317.
- , “Bearing-Only Formation Control Using an SE(2) Rigidity Theory”, in 54rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka, Japan, 2015, pp. 6121-6126.
- , “Modeling and Control of UAV Bearing-Formations with Bilateral High-Level Steering”, The International Journal of Robotics Research, Special Issue on 3D Exploration, Mapping, and Surveillance, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1504-1525, 2012.